Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default freeze values in a cell derived from another sheet in a workbook

In Excel 2003
Values in Column "B" in sheet 1 (total of yearly expense for 2006 in various
categories) derive their values from cells in sheet 2 (the sum of monthly
expenses in a category for the year). Once all values for 2006 have been
entered in Sheet 2, how do I freeze the values in Sheet 1, column "B" so that
they don't change as I update the expense data on Sheet 2 for 2007 (now to be
read by column C on Sheet 1)? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way I know of would be to copy column B in sheet 1 and
paste it on top of itself as values. Just put the curser on column B
at the top to highlight the entire column (if there are too many
entries to be easily highlighted by dragging the cursor down the
column), hit "control c", click the menu option "edit", then "paste
special", then "values". All of your column B formulas will now be
recorded as the values resulting from the evaluation of the formulas.
John