Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to mass populate cells?

I was given a data pull from Quickbooks. The invoicing data is set up so I
can't do pivots, vlookups etc. With 2000 Rows I need an automated way to fill
in cells so I can those type tasks. The data looks like this:

A2: Name of Company (Example: ACME Manufacturing 45673
A3: Blank
A4: Blank
A5: "Total ACME Manufacturing 45673

B3: "Invoice"
C3: Date of Invoice
D3: Invoice Number
E3: Product Name
F3: Qty
G3: Sales Price
H3: Amount
I3: Balance

B4: "Invoice"
C4: Date of Invoice
D4: Invoice Number
E4: Product Name
F4: Qty
G4: Sales Price
H4: Amount
I4: Balance

The same layout for about 600 Companies...
How do I get the name of the company in the empty cells. In the frist
example to be in cells A3 and A4. Then remove Row 5 so I can then do my own
SUBTOTAL and Pivots? Thanks