Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate a date based on a weeknumber

I have a set of date that needs to be summarized by week. I am using
weeknum to figure out appropriate week for each value and them using
sumif to roll those up week by week. My one remaining problem is
getting dates to display for each week based on the week number. In
other words I want the starting date to display for a week number 6, or
the starting and ending dates, even the ending date for that week. If
I can do that based on week number then I can label the summarized data
set. Any thoughts on how to do that? I've searched for hours now and
no luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Week 1 in 2007 started on 01 01 07 or day number 39083
week 5 would start on day number 39083+ 4*7

or monday 29 01 07

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"brian martens" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a set of date that needs to be summarized by week. I am using
weeknum to figure out appropriate week for each value and them using
sumif to roll those up week by week. My one remaining problem is
getting dates to display for each week based on the week number. In
other words I want the starting date to display for a week number 6, or
the starting and ending dates, even the ending date for that week. If
I can do that based on week number then I can label the summarized data
set. Any thoughts on how to do that? I've searched for hours now and
no luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brian,
First day of week:
=DATEVALUE("1/1/2007")+(A2-1)*7

Last day of week:
=DATEVALUE("1/1/2007")+(A2-1)*7+6

Your week number is in A2. The first day of your first week is 1/1/07. If
yours is different, change the date in the DATEVALUE function.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com