Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Realising values from more than one cell

Hi all,

I want to create a points table, from four groups of four teams.

I am trying to get a value in a cell in my points table to realise if a
team has played one, two or three games.

Cells in question might be C3, M7 and H13, and the team in question is
A1 (Group A, Team 1 - NOT A CELL REFERENCE!). All entries might not
run sequentially.

If a score is entered in any one of the aforementioned cells, I want
the Points table's 'played' cell (T2) to increment from 1 to 3.

So, logically, if the first score is entered in C3, then (T2=1).
Subsequently, when the next score is entered in M7, then (T2=2) and so
on to include H13. There will only be 3 games played per team.

Once someone cracks that formula for me, I think I am a long way to
cracking the rest of the spreadsheet!

Hope I'm on the right Excel list anyway, and thanks in anticipation!

DubboPete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try this:

=--ISNUMBER(C3)+ISNUMBER(M7)+ISNUMBER(H13)

Each function returns a 1 if you have any numbers in the appropriate
cell - this assumes that the cells are blank until the points are
entered.

Hope this helps, and that your spreadsheet is cracked !.

Pete