Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula to work out hours worked

Hi does anyone know a formula that will work how how many hours a person has
worked automatically without my having to count it up on my fingers and
manualy add it into my spreadsheet
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=(end_time-start_time)*24

And if it is possible that the times cross midnight, use

=(EndTime-StartTime+(StartTimeEndTime))*24

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Shazza" wrote in message
Hi does anyone know a formula that will work how how many hours a person
has
worked automatically without my having to count it up on my fingers and
manualy add it into my spreadsheet
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Also crosses midnight:

=MOD(B1-A1,1)*24

=MOD(endtime-starttime,1)*24

--
HTH,

RD

"Shazza" wrote in message
Hi does anyone know a formula that will work how how many hours a

person
has
worked automatically without my having to count it up on my fingers and
manualy add it into my spreadsheet
--
Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much. I have been agonising over that for ages. You have
saved my computers life. :)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=(end_time-start_time)*24

--