Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Header\ Footer Protection

Dears,
I'm making an Excel Sheet tempalte where i'm using my Comnay's logo and our
own built eader and footer.
i protected the sheets, cells from being edited and allowed some. i also hid
some functions... etc
what i actually need is to protect my customized header and footer from
being manipulated by anyone.
i couldnt disable the page setup command or do anything to it via coding,
maybe i wasnt coding right.
please advise me on doing the header\ footer protection. it's really
necessary.

the easiest the way the better :-D

Many thanks :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think you can (well, not through xl2003 anyway).

The best I can do is create a macro that changes all the headers and footers on
each worksheet to what I want -- each time the user prints (or print previews).

And if they disable macros or disable events, my macro won't work.

You might want to get your management involved and make it a training issue.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Dave,
Thank you very much for the very spirit lefting answer! :-p
ok, cant i disable the "page setup" command from the File menu? as an
alternate solution?

I really appreciate it :)

nice_evest wrote:

Dears,
I'm making an Excel Sheet tempalte where i'm using my Comnay's logo and our
own built eader and footer.
i protected the sheets, cells from being edited and allowed some. i also hid
some functions... etc
what i actually need is to protect my customized header and footer from
being manipulated by anyone.
i couldnt disable the page setup command or do anything to it via coding,
maybe i wasnt coding right.
please advise me on doing the header\ footer protection. it's really
necessary.

the easiest the way the better :-D

Many thanks :)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can. But anybody who knows how to reset the toolbar can defeat that.

And you'll want to disable the page setup in the file|Print preview window,
too. And I'm not sure that's possible (well, for me anyway).

You'd use something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
With Application.CommandBars("worksheet menu bar").Controls("File")
.Controls("Page setup...").Enabled = False
'or to remove it
'.Controls("Page setup...").Visible = False
End With
End Sub

Remember to turn it back on when the user swaps workbooks (or worksheets) or
closes excel.

And remember that there are icons that could add to any toolbar (or the print
preview icon itself) and ctrl-p to print, too.