Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change column header from numeric to alphac?

I received this spreadsheet from a friend of mine. The column headers are all
numeric from 1 to whatever. It has got to be simple, but for the life of me,
I can't find how to convert back to Alpha headers.The formulas are impossible
to understand, Can someone help?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools|Options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 Reference style

Excel picks this setting up from the first workbook it opens in that session.
You'll want to remember this just in case you're unlucky <bg.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Joe Haddad" wrote:

I received this spreadsheet from a friend of mine. The column headers are all
numeric from 1 to whatever. It has got to be simple, but for the life of me,
I can't find how to convert back to Alpha headers.The formulas are impossible
to understand, Can someone help?
Thanks

How do you do this in Excel 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ButtonExcel OptionsFormulasWorking with formulasR1C1 reference style.

Uncheck it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP