Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do you round up a cell?

If a cell is 1.678 and I want the cell to round up the nearest tenth which
would be 1.7 how do I do this? I want to disgard the remaining digits after
the round up.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you always want to round UP then try

=ROUNDUP(A1,1)

where your number is in A1.

If you mean the nearest 0.1 i.e. 1.618 to become 1.6 then

=ROUND(A1,1)

"Chris" wrote:

If a cell is 1.678 and I want the cell to round up the nearest tenth which
would be 1.7 how do I do this? I want to disgard the remaining digits after
the round up.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ROUNDUP(1.68,1)

Dave