Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tab Stops in Excel Wacky

Normally in Excel, when you hit tab, the next cell is highlighted, in mine it
skips several cells. Does anyone know where the setting for this is and how I
can change it back to normal?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the sheet protected? If so you need to set it to allow for selecting
protected cells
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"meangenedrlove" wrote:

Normally in Excel, when you hit tab, the next cell is highlighted, in mine it
skips several cells. Does anyone know where the setting for this is and how I
can change it back to normal?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe...

Tools|Options|Transition Tab|Uncheck "transition nagivation keys"

I'd uncheck all those Lotus 123 transition settings.

meangenedrlove wrote:

Normally in Excel, when you hit tab, the next cell is highlighted, in mine it
skips several cells. Does anyone know where the setting for this is and how I
can change it back to normal?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsTransition.

Uncheck the "Transition Navigation Keys" which is causing the Tab jumping.

Uncheck the other two also. You are running Excel, not Lotus.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP