Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default msgBox after update a cell

Hello,

I have a plan with hours

A B C D E
8 12 13 17 8h

Where, column A - Hour Arrived
column B - Lunch Out
column C - Lunch Back
column D - Hour Left (work)
column E - Sum of hours worked

Then

F G H
2 5 2

Where, colum F- Operation 1
colum G- Operation 2
colum H- Operation 3

I want to check the hours worked, and the and the hours distribuited on
Oper. I need a macro that check if the value is right. eg: 8 hours
worked (column E), than, sum column F,G,H and if the value is wrong
like In the example, i want a msgBox, warning the user. Is that
possible?
Remembering that it should be, various row

Waiting for your help!

Regards from Brazil..

Claudio Marques

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks a lot..

This is a solution!.
Now, i'm gonna create a macro that reads, if its´s wrong the msgBox
appears!

Thnks!

"Claudio Silva" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I look for solutions that avoid VB.
Have you tried Excel's built-in Data validation ?
Its's in the Data menu.
Not difficult to understand.
It checks data entered in a cell to see if it's conforms to your criteria.
Not sure that it will work for what you need.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Better to use conditional formatting to highlight the errant cells, and put
something more descriptive than "wrong" in the indicator cell. Or put lots
of controls on your message box. I'd hate to have it pop up three times, as
I entered the first three of the four values included in the validation (and
I'd hate the programmer who inflicted it on me).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

oups.com...

"Claudio Silva" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear Andy,

In fact, i´m traying to use it..
But, without success..

I dont know exactly how to use this function with formulas
=(

Andy Morton wrote:
I look for solutions that avoid VB.
Have you tried Excel's built-in Data validation ?
Its's in the Data menu.
Not difficult to understand.
It checks data entered in a cell to see if it's conforms to your criteria.
Not sure that it will work for what you need.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Selct F1:H1 and FormatCFFormula is:

=SUM($F1:$H1)<$E1

Format to a nice bright color.

Copy the formatting down as far as you wish.

Or swap around if you want E to be colored.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Andy Morton wrote:
I look for solutions that avoid VB.
Have you tried Excel's built-in Data validation ?
Its's in the Data menu.
Not difficult to understand.
It checks data entered in a cell to see if it's conforms to your criteria.
Not sure that it will work for what you need.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You still want a message box? You don't mind inconveniencing the users? Use
conditional formatting to highlight the cells that don't add up, and trust
the users to notice and fix them.

- Jon
-------

Andy Morton wrote:
I look for solutions that avoid VB.
Have you tried Excel's built-in Data validation ?
Its's in the Data menu.
Not difficult to understand.
It checks data entered in a cell to see if it's conforms to your
criteria.
Not sure that it will work for what you need.

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Gord! Many thanks!
Now It works.. and like Jon Peltier said, it´s better a conditional
formatting than a msgBox...
Now it´s done!

Regards from Brasil!

Claudio Marques