Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Criteria Range

I'm using an Advanced Filter to filter my data but I can't figure out how to
set up my criteria range. I currently have this as my criteria range:

=AND(OR($E$2="",L4=$E$2),ISNUMBER(SEARCH($D$2,D4)) )

Column L is one of the columns I want to filter my data by but I also want
to be able to filter other columns as well. Columns L thru P all have data
that I need to filter and I though just simply changing the above to this
would work:

=AND(OR($E$2="",L4:P4=$E$2),ISNUMBER(SEARCH($D$2,D 4)))

But it didn't. How do I re-write this formula to be able to lookup up the
data in multiple columns?