Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Darts Scorer

Hi,

I am trying to create a darts scorer in excel for use in practice.

I'm looking for the scorer to return checkouts when i get on 170 or below
(for all valid checkouts - i believe this requires a V-LOOKUP function but
i've never used that function before!), display averages leg-by-leg and
set-by-set and don't know where to start!

Does anyone know of any set templates I can download that are in any way
similar to this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, I'm not really sure what you're looking for, as I don't play darts,
however, if you need info on the VLOOKUP function, this link has some useful
info: http://techonthenet.com/excel//formulas/vlookup.php

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Chris" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a darts scorer in excel for use in practice.

I'm looking for the scorer to return checkouts when i get on 170 or below
(for all valid checkouts - i believe this requires a V-LOOKUP function but
i've never used that function before!), display averages leg-by-leg and
set-by-set and don't know where to start!

Does anyone know of any set templates I can download that are in any way
similar to this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chris

Do you need all possible checkouts to be shown? Two dart and three dart?
What if the finish changes after throwing the first dart of your turn - or
the second dart? Questions, questions, questions!!

Andy

"Chris" wrote in message

I am trying to create a darts scorer in excel for use in practice.

I'm looking for the scorer to return checkouts when i get on 170 or below
(for all valid checkouts - i believe this requires a V-LOOKUP function but
i've never used that function before!), display averages leg-by-leg and
set-by-set and don't know where to start!

Does anyone know of any set templates I can download that are in any way
similar to this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Andy,

I only need the checkouts to be shown if they are a possiblity during that
throw (for example, 121 left would be treble 20, treble 11, double 14, but if
only a single 20 was hit you can still check out in two darts with treble 17
then bullseye).

I've been trying new ideas for the layout etc of the scorer but can't find a
way of creating one that can do everything i want, do you have any ideas on
this?

Thanks,

Chris

"Chris" wrote in message

I am trying to create a darts scorer in excel for use in practice.

I'm looking for the scorer to return checkouts when i get on 170 or below
(for all valid checkouts - i believe this requires a V-LOOKUP function but
i've never used that function before!), display averages leg-by-leg and
set-by-set and don't know where to start!

Does anyone know of any set templates I can download that are in any way
similar to this?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

In your example, then, would you want it to show T20, T11, D14 first and
then change to T17, Bull after the first dart had been thrown? This will
determine whether you want each dart's score to be entered in its own cell
during a player's go, or just a total to be entered after the player's go.

Andy.