Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table help!!

I'm new to pivot tables and would greatly appreciate any help. What I'm
trying to accomplish is creating a pivot table for tracking employee vacation
time. I have all of the data and created a simple Pivot table that shows how
many vacation took, by payroll period. My problem is creating a new pivot to
calculate the total hours remaining of vacation.

Sample:

Payroll Period: Vacation allotted hours Vacation hours taken Vac hours left
1/12/2007 100 15
85

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it were me here is how I would do it... Create a field called Vacaton
Bank. This will act just like a bank where the company will deposit vacation
hours and the employees will withdraw those hours leaving an ending
balance... So your souce data will look something like this

Name Date Vacation Bank
Tom 1-Jan 100
Dyck 1-Jan 80
Harry 1-Jan 80