Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I NEED TO CAPITIALIZE MY TEXT INSIDE THE CELL...HOW?

I NEED TO CAPITIALIZE MY TEXT INSIDE THE CELL...HOW?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use your Cap Lock as you have done in your posting.

If the text is already entered and you want to change to Upper Case use the
formula

=UPPER(cellref) in a helper cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:32:01 -0800, Capitalization
wrote:

I NEED TO CAPITIALIZE MY TEXT INSIDE THE CELL...HOW?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If text is is A1 then

=UPPER(A1) capitalizes it
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200701

I NEED TO CAPITIALIZE MY TEXT INSIDE THE CELL...HOW?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may need to capitalize the text in the cells but there is no need to do
so in the Newsgroups - it is considered to be shouting and therefore rude.

Try:
=UPPER(D16)
and then copy and Paste Sprecial Values over the original cell.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Capitalization" wrote in message
I NEED TO CAPITIALIZE MY TEXT INSIDE THE CELL...HOW?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the following macro:

Sub Change_Case()
Dim ocell As Range
Dim Ans As String
Ans = Application.InputBox("Type in Letter" & vbCr & _
"(L)owercase, (U)ppercase, (S)entence, (T)itles ")
If Ans = "" Then Exit Sub
For Each ocell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2)
Select Case UCase(Ans)
Case "L": ocell = LCase(ocell.Text)
Case "U": ocell = UCase(ocell.Text)
Case "S": ocell = UCase(Left(ocell.Text, 1)) & _
LCase(Right(ocell.Text, Len(ocell.Text) - 1))
Case "T": ocell = Application.WorksheetFunction.Proper(ocell.Text)
End Select
Next

End Sub