Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default An Excel Problem

I've created an automated Expense report that contains 8 columns where the
user can input the expense amt. to be reimbursed, and off to the side is a
tax calculation section. the sheet works fine, assuming the user only inputs
one expense per row (in any of the 8 columns). however, chances are, they
might enter say 2 or more amts in different columns in the row, which would
still make the correct calculation for the taxes in the row, but NOT in the
column. is there a way I can fix this sheet so that no matter how the
information is inputted, the calculations would be correct? if i only i
could show u what I mean (by a print screen method, perhaps?)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

so basically this is the problem; if there are two Columns,

Taxi and Hotel.. taxes of both total $12 (6 each). the tax of the row is
okay, but the problem is, in taxi, you have the amt. less taxes of 12 and in
hotel, you also have 12 in tax (which is wrong). please note that my current
calculations contain several "IF" and "Vlookup" functions, so hopefully, the
problem isn't too complex!

"Frank" wrote:

I've created an automated Expense report that contains 8 columns where the
user can input the expense amt. to be reimbursed, and off to the side is a
tax calculation section. the sheet works fine, assuming the user only inputs
one expense per row (in any of the 8 columns). however, chances are, they
might enter say 2 or more amts in different columns in the row, which would
still make the correct calculation for the taxes in the row, but NOT in the
column. is there a way I can fix this sheet so that no matter how the
information is inputted, the calculations would be correct? if i only i
could show u what I mean (by a print screen method, perhaps?)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Frank

Show us the formulae you are using and what the content of each cell is.

--
Regards

Roger Govier