Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy cells into worksheets via pull-down

To give some insight I'm basically transferring data from a Sales order
to multiple Job Sheets and Work Orders ( 5 different worksheets).

I have a pull down with three worksheet choices located in the Sales
Order sheet. This pull down will determine what information will go to
different sheets, I have 15 of these pull downs for each possible item
on the Sales Order. I would like to send 7 different values from the
Sales Order to one of the three sheets, the pull down value will
determine this. My question is how can I "link" or "send" cell data to
the other sheets based on which worksheet is selected in the pull down,
and how can I sort it by the Due Date on each of these sheets. The Due
Date will come from the in the Sales Order.

Thanks for the help,

Chad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This sounds like a great macro to write-- you could use advanced filter to
pull out the data. Start the advance filter on the sheet you would like the
data to be; Choose the criteria and check that you want the data in a
different location rather than sorting in place.

A simple sort will place the data in date order, be sure to build the sort
into a macro..

anitadai
" wrote:

To give some insight I'm basically transferring data from a Sales order
to multiple Job Sheets and Work Orders ( 5 different worksheets).

I have a pull down with three worksheet choices located in the Sales
Order sheet. This pull down will determine what information will go to
different sheets, I have 15 of these pull downs for each possible item
on the Sales Order. I would like to send 7 different values from the
Sales Order to one of the three sheets, the pull down value will
determine this. My question is how can I "link" or "send" cell data to
the other sheets based on which worksheet is selected in the pull down,
and how can I sort it by the Due Date on each of these sheets. The Due
Date will come from the in the Sales Order.

Thanks for the help,

Chad