Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Textbox text visibility

I have a fixed dimension Textbox on a spreadsheet. I read variable data
(Text) from a database field and insert it into the textbox. The
spreadsheet is eventually printed. I need to check if all of the text
in the textbox is actually visible to the user. i.e too much text will
be clipped. The text can contain carriage return or linefeed
characters.

If not then I would possibly reduce the font size assigned to the text
box until all the Text is visible to the user.

Does anyone know a method to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You mean something in the way of having road map ( blue print) of a part with
the dimensions showing up in a text box at the end of the arrow/line leading
to the point in question?

If so then use "past picture link"
scroll over the text you wish to see in the box
copy
go to where you want it pasted
hold down the 'shift' and select 'Edit' and 'Paste Picture Link'

"bcelestia" wrote:

I have a fixed dimension Textbox on a spreadsheet. I read variable data
(Text) from a database field and insert it into the textbox. The
spreadsheet is eventually printed. I need to check if all of the text
in the textbox is actually visible to the user. i.e too much text will
be clipped. The text can contain carriage return or linefeed
characters.

If not then I would possibly reduce the font size assigned to the text
box until all the Text is visible to the user.

Does anyone know a method to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, What I mean is that the text box has a fixed height & width. If
'too much' text is actually
in the textbox then some of the text is not visible on screen & will
not show on a printout.

I need some code that will detect this so that I can programatically
reduce the font size applied to the text box until all of the text is
visible.