Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PDF writer

How do I install a PDF writer in Excel?
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of excel?

Office 2007 has a download from MS that you can install.

If you're using xl2003 and below, you may want to consider using a free PDF
creator.

I use one from: http://www.primoPDF.com and it is used like another printer
driver.

If you have a specific writer that you want to install, include that information
in your response. Maybe someone can help.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave

I tried PrimoPDF and ran into a problem with it.

Select 5 sheets to print and I always get first sheet as one print job and next
four sheets as second print job giving me two PDF files.

Any ideas on getting all selected sheets as one PDF file?

I still have it installed for testing.

I use Dale Nurden's print to PDF method and get one file from multiple sheets so
stick to that for now.

Gord

TomBeard wrote:

How do I install a PDF writer in Excel?
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave.

Back to the test bench<g

TomBeard wrote:

How do I install a PDF writer in Excel?
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

TomBeard wrote:

How do I install a PDF writer in Excel?
Tom

--

Dave Peterson

Hi Dave,

I have Adobe Acrobat 5.0 does it have a PDF writer that I can use? I have
Office XP Professional with Excel 2002. When I click on the Adobe logo in
Excel it tells me that I need to install a PDF writer, but I don't know how
to do that.
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't use Acrobat, so someone else will have to jump in.

But you may be able to look for pdfmaker.xla and copy it to your XLStart folder.

The bad news is that lots and lots of people have trouble with that addin. I'm
not sure if it's the same version, but this describes the proble and the
solution if you have trouble.

OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Start
Word or Excel