Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I paste ISBN numbers into excel and keep the leading zero?

I need to copy data from an HTML table, which includes ISBN and ISSN numbers,
and paste it into Excel. My problem is that I cannot get Excel to recognise
the leading zeros in the ISBN/ISSNs. Excel formats it as a number as soon as
it is pasted in. If I then select the column with the number in and
re-format it as text, the leading zero does not appear. If I copy and 'paste
as text' into excel, of course the data does not appear in seperate columns.
I've read the advice already in existence on this subject but it doesn't
address my particular problem - I'd be grateful for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try formatting the columns as Text in Excel, *before* pasting that data

--
Regards

Roger Govier