Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default traverse data based on 2 conditions

I have a worksheet from where i need to extract data based on 2 specified
conditions. For example, when the date & text in one row match my specified
date and text, then I extract a number from that row. Could you please help
me with this?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way, use something along these lines ..

Put in say D2, then array enter by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
(instead of just presssing ENTER):
=INDEX(A2:A100,MATCH(1,(B2:B100=--"5-Jan-2006")*(C2:C100="Text"),0))

Above assumes A2:A100 contains the number you want to extract, while B2:B100
houses real dates & C2:C100 contains the text to be matched.
--
Max
Singapore
"Olga" wrote:
I have a worksheet from where i need to extract data based on 2 specified
conditions. For example, when the date & text in one row match my specified
date and text, then I extract a number from that row. Could you please help
me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes

use

B2:B100=$A$1

no need for the unary minuses since it will recognize a date in a cell
without the need of coercing it

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Olga" wrote:
I have a worksheet from where i need to extract data based on 2 specified
conditions. For example, when the date & text in one row match my specified
date and text, then I extract a number from that row. Could you please help
me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline