Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adi Adi is offline

Default Forcing users to enter value based on criteria

Hi Everyone and Happy New Year,

I have created a simple worksheet so users can record the time they spend on
certain task. However I need help with the following:

If B5 is not blank then the user should be prompted to select a value from C5.

What formula/function should I use to make this work?

Many thanks,

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Perhaps in say, D5:
=IF(B5="","","Select value from C5")
--
Max
Singapore
"adi" wrote in message
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year,

I have created a simple worksheet so users can record the time they spend
on
certain task. However I need help with the following:

If B5 is not blank then the user should be prompted to select a value from
C5.

What formula/function should I use to make this work?

Many thanks,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this macro in worksheet code:

If Intersect(Target, Range("B5")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
Do While Range("C5").Value = False
Range("C5").Value = Application.InputBox("Enter C5 Value:")
Loop
End Sub

Once the user has entered data in B5, they are prompted to enter a value for
C5.

REMEMBER worksheet code, not a standard module

if you are not familiar with VBA, see:

Gary's Student