Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can you automatically add symbols

A friend came to me that need help to create a map to add symbols
representating a place in the map. She presently have Microsoft Excel 2000
version.

Another friend of mine told me this can be done but she doesn't remember how
to do it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hope
From HELP about Map....

Add the Map button to a toolbar
Show the toolbar you want to add Map to.

On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Commands tab.

In the Categories list, click Insert.

Drag Map from the Commands list to the toolbar you want.

Click on the map icon and follow the wizard, while in design mode set up
everything you want and then click outside the map border and your map is
done. To go back and change anything in the map double click on the map
image.

Does this help you?

Mike Rogers

"Hope" wrote:

A friend came to me that need help to create a map to add symbols
representating a place in the map. She presently have Microsoft Excel 2000
version.

Another friend of mine told me this can be done but she doesn't remember how
to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to thank you for your immediate response.

You gave me the instructions to pass on to my friend in adding Map to the
toolbar. She needs help in adding SYMBOLS to the Map.

FOR EXAMPLE: You have a career in Marketing and your company was hire to
market this new and upcoming neighborhood (subdivision) to potential Buyers.

You created a Map in Microsoft Excel 2000 but you want to add a house SYMBOL
that will represent where these new homes are located on the Map you created
in Microsoft Excel.

Question, how do you add House SYMBOL to that Map?

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

Hope
From HELP about Map....

"Hope" wrote:

A friend came to me that need help to create a map to add symbols
representating a place in the map. She presently have Microsoft Excel 2000
version.

Another friend of mine told me this can be done but she doesn't remember how
to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hope

Try InsertPictureClipart, or "From File", or "From Scanner or Camera", or
where ever your desired SYMBOL is stored.

Mike Rogers

"Hope" wrote:

I want to thank you for your immediate response.

You gave me the instructions to pass on to my friend in adding Map to the
toolbar. She needs help in adding SYMBOLS to the Map.

FOR EXAMPLE: You have a career in Marketing and your company was hire to
market this new and upcoming neighborhood (subdivision) to potential Buyers.

You created a Map in Microsoft Excel 2000 but you want to add a house SYMBOL
that will represent where these new homes are located on the Map you created
in Microsoft Excel.

Question, how do you add House SYMBOL to that Map?

"Mike Rogers" wrote:

Hope
From HELP about Map....