Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Broken External Links into Pivot

I have a pivot table linked to a table in an Access database. I recently
moved the database to a new server location and now my pivot table links are
broken. This actually happens frequently and I haven't discovered a way to
re-link the external data link. Can somebody please help me!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How did you originally link the pivot table to the Access db? Presumably you
need to re-map the pivot table to its source data by going to the pivot table
wizard and navigating to the Access db's new location.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Tina" wrote:

I have a pivot table linked to a table in an Access database. I recently
moved the database to a new server location and now my pivot table links are
broken. This actually happens frequently and I haven't discovered a way to
re-link the external data link. Can somebody please help me!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I actually tried that with the same error. I'm creating a pivot table by
choosing:
External Data Source, Get data (in the pivot wizard menu), then driving it
to the Access Database.

Since it's already been created to refresh my data I choose:
Data, Refresh Data, and this is when I get the error message of not finding
the original database because I've moved it.

"Tina" wrote:

I have a pivot table linked to a table in an Access database. I recently
moved the database to a new server location and now my pivot table links are
broken. This actually happens frequently and I haven't discovered a way to
re-link the external data link. Can somebody please help me!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This might be a good time to try the Pivot Play add-in....it was designed
specifically for your situation.

You can get it from Debra Dalgleish's website:
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html

Once you're done with it, just UNcheck it from the add-in list so it won't
reload again....until you check it.

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron