Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Forumla Help- Change Column value not row

In a column have the forumla
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
I want to drag this down the column but have it change the source column not
row.
Example:
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down to get
='AUT 150 MHz'!C9
='AUT 150 MHz'!D9

What I am getting is
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down I get
='AUT 150 MHz'!B10
='AUT 150 MHz'!B11

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Best I can do is...
Drag across the row
Copy paste special down the column
check transpose.

"PboB" wrote:

In a column have the forumla
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
I want to drag this down the column but have it change the source column not
row.
Example:
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down to get
='AUT 150 MHz'!C9
='AUT 150 MHz'!D9

What I am getting is
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down I get
='AUT 150 MHz'!B10
='AUT 150 MHz'!B11

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This formula should work for you:

=INDIRECT("'AUT 150 MHz'!"&ADDRESS(9,ROW()+1))

This assumes your formula is placed in row 1 of your second sheet. If
you're starting in a different row, then adjust the ROW()+X portion
accordingly. Where X = the difference between the row number the formula is
in and 2. So if you start in row 15, you would use ROW()-13

HTH,
Elkar

"PboB" wrote:

In a column have the forumla
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
I want to drag this down the column but have it change the source column not
row.
Example:
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down to get
='AUT 150 MHz'!C9
='AUT 150 MHz'!D9

What I am getting is
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down I get
='AUT 150 MHz'!B10
='AUT 150 MHz'!B11

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"PboB" wrote:

In a column have the forumla
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
I want to drag this down the column but have it change the source column not
row.
Example:
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down to get
='AUT 150 MHz'!C9
='AUT 150 MHz'!D9

What I am getting is
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down I get
='AUT 150 MHz'!B10
='AUT 150 MHz'!B11

Thanks

I believe what you need to do is lock the reference to the row by
adding the $ in front of it, that way when you drag down, it stays
consistent. Remember, when you lock a reference by hitting F4, it
locks row and column, but you don't have to stick to the default.

=Aut 150 MHZ!B$9 should do it for you.

if you need to extend the columns as well just fill the formula down,
select the column, do find replace $ with nothing, reselect the column
and drag/fill to your next column.

I hope that helps.

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this non-volatile approach:

=INDEX('AUT 150 MHz'!$9:$9,ROWS($1:2))

Copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"PboB" wrote in message
In a column have the forumla
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
I want to drag this down the column but have it change the source column
not
row.
Example:
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down to get
='AUT 150 MHz'!C9
='AUT 150 MHz'!D9

What I am getting is
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down I get
='AUT 150 MHz'!B10
='AUT 150 MHz'!B11

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

I haven't tried them because after posting I finally figured out another
way. What I did was use the formula for
transpose (array)
and then follow the directions hitting F2 then CTRL+Shift+ Enter

Thanks again for your responces!!

"PboB" wrote:

In a column have the forumla
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
I want to drag this down the column but have it change the source column not
row.
Example:
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down to get
='AUT 150 MHz'!C9
='AUT 150 MHz'!D9

What I am getting is
='AUT 150 MHz'!B9
drag down I get
='AUT 150 MHz'!B10
='AUT 150 MHz'!B11

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Forgot one little thing, sorry
You have to enter the formula in the starting cell, highlight the range you
are going to fill THEN hit CTRL+SHIFT+Enter