Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Limit similtaneous users of workbook

How do I prevent more than one person from opening a workbook at the same
time on a shared network drive?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As far a I know there is no way to do that without using VBA, and even with
that if the user decides to open with macro's disabled it will open anyway.
But if a second user opens it while it's already open they should get the
message telling them that 'This file is being edited by....'etc. Only the
first user to open it can save any changes they made so it shouldn't really
be a problem.
Regards,
Alan.
"mekkor" wrote in message
How do I prevent more than one person from opening a workbook at the same
time on a shared network drive?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean two users able to read and write? Go to:
Tools-Share Workbook...
Deselect the allow others... checkmark