Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default EXCEL HELP ASAP!!!

I created several forms in Excel (not using any templates) and now I am
trying to gray out cells, and use the TAB key to easily navigate from cell to
cell that requires inputted data.

I cannot figure out how to do this, like I have done in MS Word before.

Suggestion and help much appreciated!
Angela Davis
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A meaningful subject line along with losing the ASAP since all requests here
are urgent will help you.
Look in the help section or the archives for PROTECTION.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"AngelaD" wrote in message
I created several forms in Excel (not using any templates) and now I am
trying to gray out cells, and use the TAB key to easily navigate from cell
cell that requires inputted data.

I cannot figure out how to do this, like I have done in MS Word before.

Suggestion and help much appreciated!
Angela Davis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Trying to gray out cells, and use the TAB key to easily navigate

Sorry, I just couldnt think of a streamlined subject title for what I was
trying to do.

thank you

"AngelaD" wrote in message
I created several forms in Excel (not using any templates) and now I am
trying to gray out cells, and use the TAB key to easily navigate from cell
cell that requires inputted data.

I cannot figure out how to do this, like I have done in MS Word before.

Suggestion and help much appreciated!
Angela Davis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Angela

See Bob Phillips' site for info on using a named range or sheet protection.

There is also sheet_change code that will leap around in any order you like.

If you want an example of that, post back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:05:02 -0800, AngelaD
wrote:

I created several forms in Excel (not using any templates) and now I am
trying to gray out cells, and use the TAB key to easily navigate from cell to
cell that requires inputted data.

I cannot figure out how to do this, like I have done in MS Word before.

Suggestion and help much appreciated!
Angela Davis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Angela

See answer at your original post.....the one with ASAP that Don didn't like.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"AngelaD" wrote in message
I created several forms in Excel (not using any templates) and now I am
trying to gray out cells, and use the TAB key to easily navigate from cell
cell that requires inputted data.

I cannot figure out how to do this, like I have done in MS Word before.

Suggestion and help much appreciated!
Angela Davis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select Case Target.Address
Case "$C$2"
Range("A1").Select
Case "$A$1"
Range("E2").Select
Case "$E$2"
Range("M3").Select
Case "$M$3"
Range("D4").Select
End Select
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste into that sheet module.

Adjust ranges and add more to suit.

Personally I think it's easier to use the named range approach if you have a lot
of cell-leaping to do, although once built, the above code is easy to maintain.

Gord