Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Help

I have been racking my brains, looking through books and help and previous
questions. Here is my problem:

I have 2 exact sheets of data that I need to compare to each other One is
actual data, the other is forecast data. The data (columns) contains: Sites;
Accounts; Account Groups (which the accounts roll up into); Plants; Month;
Quarter; Amount. All of which I would like to display on the pivot table.

I would like to line up 2 pivot tables, one on top of the other to compare
the data. The problem is I cannot get them to line up just right because
there is no data to compare in one vs. the other in certain areas. My tables
in theory would look like this:

Site (Selection)

QTR 1 QTR 2 ....etc
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun ....etc

Acct Group
Acct

What should I do?

It is nice to have the data on 2 separate sheets for ease of looking at the
details, but my 1st thought was to combine the two sheets into one with
another column stating Forecast and a column for Actual? How Do I make this
look right?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could you combine the data on one sheet, and add a Type column marks
each record as Actual or Forecast.
Then, create a pivot table from this new table, and add the Type field
to the row or column area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures