kenw

Default Finding icons

I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had
believed those icons were saved in a file
called "Excel.XLB". However, and I can't find it when I
do a search. Any help how I do this or what to backup?
Smuggy

Ken

When you are conducting search for your "Excel.XLB" file make sure you have
checked the Advanced Option "Search hidden files & folders"...

Steve

"kenw" wrote:

I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had
believed those icons were saved in a file
called "Excel.XLB". However, and I can't find it when I
do a search. Any help how I do this or what to backup?

kenw

Thanks, I found it. However, I found both Excel.xlb and
Excel11.xlb. The dates are kind of screwy and I can't
tell what caused them to both be there and which one I
should backup? Can you help me?

"kenw" wrote:

I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had
believed those icons were saved in a file
called "Excel.XLB". However, and I can't find it when

do a search. Any help how I do this or what to backup?

.

Gord Dibben

ken

Make note of where the two files are so you can find them again.

Excel11.xlb will be the one for Excel version 2003 and should reside in

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel.

Make some changes to your menu or toolbar and close Excel.

Note which *.xlb file updated.

That is the one to backup.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP