Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic cell color change when filled?

Can I do this? I want the colour of a cell to change when something is
entered into it. It could also be the row, either way would do.

For example, I have a column which is rarely used, so I need to highlight
when it has been used, and I thought an easy and obvious way of doing this
might be by adding a colour to the cell.

Can anyone help?
--
Thanks
Michele
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

One way would be to set Conditional Formatting on the cells you wish to
control, using Format ConditionalFormatting CellValueIs GreaterThan
0, and for conditon 2, CellValueIs LessThan 0...........you could use the
same, or different backround colors for the negative numbers..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Michele R" wrote:

Can I do this? I want the colour of a cell to change when something is
entered into it. It could also be the row, either way would do.

For example, I have a column which is rarely used, so I need to highlight
when it has been used, and I thought an easy and obvious way of doing this
might be by adding a colour to the cell.

Can anyone help?
--
Thanks
Michele

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

You're welcome..........and thanks for the feedback.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3