Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DBM DBM is offline

Default Format Spreadsheet

How can I lock the rows and columns in a spreadsheet but allow the user
to change the data in the cells.
Also, in this same spreadsheet I have multiple formulas on multiple
rows, I have found if I add a row the row number is changed and
therefore changes the outcome of the formula. If I add a row how can I
prevent it from effecting the formulas already in place.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Formulas entered in cells on the spreadsheet are either relative references
or absolute references to other cells. The relative references automatically
change when the configuration of the sheet changes, plus or minus rows or cut
and paste cells and ranges. Absolute references will maintain their
reference to the specific cells regardless of configuration changes. In
either case, adding or deleting rows and columns, or cutting and pasting
cells and ranges could change the results of your formulas. You need to be
aware of where your formulas and their linked cells reside when you make
changes to you sheet.

"DBM" wrote:

How can I lock the rows and columns in a spreadsheet but allow the user
to change the data in the cells.
Also, in this same spreadsheet I have multiple formulas on multiple
rows, I have found if I add a row the row number is changed and
therefore changes the outcome of the formula. If I add a row how can I
prevent it from effecting the formulas already in place.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't want the formula to change when you insert or delete rows or
columns, try the INDIRECT() function.
--
David Biddulph