Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting and If/Then Formulas

Hi there!

I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a spreadsheet in the 2003
version. My problem is, I am only allowed to have 3 conditions, but I need
6. I'm unsure if I can do an IF or THEN formula.

My spreadsheet looks like this:

Day Status
1 EA
2 P
3 H
4 EA
5 UA

I want the status column to be highlighted in Red, if there is anything
other than P, EA, UA, H, E, or L.

Can someone tell me if this is possible in 2003?

I'd appreciate any help. :)
--
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, Conditional Formatting is limited to 3 formats, not 3 conditions.
With the use of the AND and OR functions, you can have many conditions. This
formula ought to work for you:

=AND(B1<"EA",B1<"P",B1<"H",B1<"E",B1<"L",B1< "UA")

I'm assuming your range starts at B1 for this example. Adjust to suit your
needs.

HTH,
Elkar