Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation - combination of values

Greetings. I would like to validate the data entered into a group of cells.
I would like the input limited to the following values and/or combination
thereof:
Cvg, Liab, Dmgs, Dispo
(I am looking to avoid creating a list or range containing each possible
combination: Cvg, Liab / Cvg, Liab, Dmgs / etc).
Is this possible? Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suzanne
It's not clear what you want. You say you want DV in a group of cells.
What list do you want in the first DV cell? What list do you want in the
second DV cell? And so forth. Maybe you want the list in the second cell
to be dependent on the choice made in the first cell? If so, what do you
want in the third cell? And so forth. Some examples would be nice too.
HTH Otto
"Suzanne" wrote in message
Greetings. I would like to validate the data entered into a group of
cells.
I would like the input limited to the following values and/or combination
thereof:
Cvg, Liab, Dmgs, Dispo
(I am looking to avoid creating a list or range containing each possible
combination: Cvg, Liab / Cvg, Liab, Dmgs / etc).
Is this possible? Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your response. So sorry i wasn't clear : ( I found a posting
that referred me to site:
DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items
from a dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or
in same cell.

This illustrates excacly what i'd like to do, the CommaSeparated tab. When i
attempt to copy the vb script into my workbook and replace my list of
variables (dvs), name range, etc. Nothing happens.
In short, i'd like the user to be able to selelect multiple items from a dv
list, without the list containing all variations/combinations of each. I
appreciate your help, hope you can. Thank you. - Suzanne.

"Suzanne" wrote in message
Greetings. I would like to validate the data entered into a group of
cells.
I would like the input limited to the following values and/or combination
thereof:
Cvg, Liab, Dmgs, Dispo
(I am looking to avoid creating a list or range containing each possible
combination: Cvg, Liab / Cvg, Liab, Dmgs / etc).
Is this possible? Any suggestions? Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have macros enabled? ToolsMacroSecurity
If you set security to Medium, you'll be asked if you want to enable
macros when the workbook opens.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures