Ken

Default Can I save my toolbar

In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my
personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with
Excel.

Thanks in anticipation

Ken

Jim Rech

When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to
your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start
Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Ken" <noone@nowhere wrote in message
| In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my
| personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with
| Excel.
|
| Thanks in anticipation
|
| Ken

Smuggy

Ken

Your toolbar customisation is saved in a file called either Excel.xlb or
Excel1.xlb.

If you wanted to have multiple toolbar settings that you can switch between
suggest you set up in Excel the way you want, exit and then copy and rename
the above .xlb file to, for example, option1.xlb - then repeat with the
different settings you want and repeat with each file renamed differently
option2.xlb etc.

When you open Excel - it should defaul to the Excel.xlb filename - you can
override this with File - Open - Files of Type - Toolbars (.xlb) and open one
of your options above.

Steve