Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Running totals

Hope someone can help. I have to create an interactive quiz and one of the
requirements is:

A running total should show how many answers are correct, how many are
incorrect and the total number of questions attempted.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is for a multiple guess test.

The Students enter data in column A of Sheet1. The calculation is done on
Sheet2 which you hide so they can't see the answers.

At some point Sheet1 may look like:

Now in Sheet2 enter:
=Sheet1!A1 in cell A1 and copy down thru A20

the correct answers in B1 thru B20

=IF(A1=0,"",IF(A1=B1,"R","W")) in C1 and copy down thru C20

=COUNTIF(C1:C20,"W")&" wrong" in D1

=COUNTIF(C1:C20,"R")&" right" in D2

Sheet2 may look like:

a a R 8 wrong
b a W 3 right
c b W
d c W
c c R
a d W
b e W
a a R
c a W
d a W
a c W
0 b
0 a
0 a
0 b
0 c
0 c
0 d
0 e
0 a

The zeros mean the student has not yet completed the exam.

Back in Sheet1
=Sheet2!D1 in cell B1 and
=Sheet2!D2 in cell B2

At this point Sheet1 looks like:

a 8 wrong
b 3 right

Remember that the Student should only be able to see Sheet1. As the Student
completes the exam, B1 and B2 will interactively update to reflect the
current number of right and wrong answers.
--
Gary's Student

"Carol A." wrote:

Hope someone can help. I have to create an interactive quiz and one of the
requirements is:

A running total should show how many answers are correct, how many are
incorrect and the total number of questions attempted.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much that worked.

Just one more question how do I show the total number of questions
attempted not just how many are right and wrong.