Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofilter - Supply Criteria

I have an auto-filter table in Range A1:F8 (with Row1=header)

My Column E is 2-Character State (TX, NC) (Range E2:E8)

Can I enter into Cell K2 a Value say, NC which will
Instantly Filter my Range with only my NC records?
If so, how could this be done?

TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would jump around a lot because it would have to check that cell
everytime anything moved or changed, a button would be better but by the
time you did that you could just use the built in Custom functionality.

-John
is helpful.

"JMay" wrote in message
I have an auto-filter table in Range A1:F8 (with Row1=header)

My Column E is 2-Character State (TX, NC) (Range E2:E8)

Can I enter into Cell K2 a Value say, NC which will
Instantly Filter my Range with only my NC records?
If so, how could this be done?

TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This will do what you want but remember K2 can be filtered out

myCell = Cells(2, 11)
If myCell < "" Then
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=myCell

-John
is helpful.