Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel template automatic calculates

Hello
i downloaded a template from excel that automatically calculates the totals
in each row and the last colum.
i would like to add a column and also have it calculate but i don't know how.
ex. column a+b do not calculate but column c,d,and e do calculate I would
like to make column be calculate.
I'm not sure if i explained this right,but any help will be appreciayed
Thanks
Bobby
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Your first sum formula in column F should look like this: =SUM(C1:E1)

change C to B: =SUM(B1:E1) and copy down or double click on the small black
cross in the bottom right corner of the cell.

Hope this helps!
Jean-Guy

"bobby02169" wrote:

Hello
i downloaded a template from excel that automatically calculates the totals
in each row and the last colum.
i would like to add a column and also have it calculate but i don't know how.
ex. column a+b do not calculate but column c,d,and e do calculate I would
like to make column be calculate.
I'm not sure if i explained this right,but any help will be appreciayed
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you posted the URL for the Template I could download it and have a look.

Also post a bit more info on where you are adding the column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 17:34:00 -0800, bobby02169
wrote:

Hello
i downloaded a template from excel that automatically calculates the totals
in each row and the last colum.
i would like to add a column and also have it calculate but i don't know how.
ex. column a+b do not calculate but column c,d,and e do calculate I would
like to make column be calculate.
I'm not sure if i explained this right,but any help will be appreciayed
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,
here is the link for the template i am talking about.
What i would like to do is add 2 columns before hours,1 for material and 1
for price,
and have it automatically put the total in the amount column.
for example 2 (in material column) $15.00 (in price column) and
automatically put $30.00 (in the amount column).
i hope i explained that good enough for you.
Thanks again.

wrote:

Hello
i downloaded a template from excel that automatically calculates the totals
in each row and the last colum.
i would like to add a column and also have it calculate but i don't know how.
ex. column a+b do not calculate but column c,d,and e do calculate I would
like to make column be calculate.
I'm not sure if i explained this right,but any help will be appreciayed
Thanks
Bobby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bobby

You have not included the URL so I'll make a guess.

Insert two new columns...... ..material and price, say columns D and E

In the amount column enter =D2 * E2 and copy down.

If you don't want a 0 showing for nothing entered in D or E enter this

=IF(OR(D2="",E2=""),"",D2*E2)

Gord