Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Spreadsheet format for PIVOT and results

I have a spreadsheet which shows audit results for bills, by customer name.
The bill could have multiple errors, with a different group causing the
error. I would like to show total bills reviewed, total # of errors for
those bills that are defective, and for those errors, each org. responsible
for error. How do I show this in a spreadsheet format where a PIVOT can be
created showing how many bills were defective, how many errors were on each
defective bill, and what org. has responsibility for that error? It is
almost like a one to many relationship. Need help on spreadsheet set up.
--
Pat Miller
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you describe the data that you've entered on the spreadsheet, someone
may be able to help with a pivot table setup. Can you post another
message, and include the column headings from your table, and a couple
of lines of sample data?

Pat Miller wrote:
I have a spreadsheet which shows audit results for bills, by customer name.
The bill could have multiple errors, with a different group causing the
error. I would like to show total bills reviewed, total # of errors for
those bills that are defective, and for those errors, each org. responsible
for error. How do I show this in a spreadsheet format where a PIVOT can be
created showing how many bills were defective, how many errors were on each
defective bill, and what org. has responsibility for that error? It is
almost like a one to many relationship. Need help on spreadsheet set up.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures