Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unprotecting the unprotected

Using Excel 2003. Whenever I try to change a formula or formatting, I get a
message that says, "This cannot be performed on a protected sheet. To
unprotect..." But neither the sheet nor the workbook is protected. If I
create a new sheet, I get the same message. How can I unprotect the sheet if
it is not protected?

Thanks,

Wally

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd double check that the worksheet that you added isn't protected:
tools|Protection
do you see "Protect sheet" or "unprotect sheet" in the options?

If you see Unprotect, then maybe you're adding a worksheet that's already
protected. Do you have a sheet.xlt in your XLStart folder?

If you do, open that and unprotect all the sheets in that workbook template.

===
And one more guess...

Do you have multiple sheets grouped together? Maybe one sheet in that grouping
is protected????

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You got it! Thanks. It was your last guess. One sheet in the workbook was
protected.

Thanks again.

Wally S