Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I Go To a cell based on input in another cell?

An employee inputs data for 52 different weeks of the year. Each week's data
is input in various different places within the same spreadsheet or workbook.
I need a way for the employee to type a week number in cell A1 and have the
cursor leap or automatically hyperlink to the area of the spreadsheet where
data entry is needed for that week number specified in cell A1?

EXAMPLE: If "3" is input in cell A1, then the employee needs the cursor to
automatically go to the area of the spreadsheet where week 3 data needs to be
input.

How is this done automatically if there is input in cell A1?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a sample macro, not a full solution. It goes in Worksheet code:

places = Array("Z100", "V300", "AA500")
If Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
Exit Sub
End If
i = Range("A1").Value
Range(places(i - 1)).Select
End Sub

If the user enters a 1,2,or,3 in A1, the routine jumps to Z100,V300, or
AA500 respectively. You only need to change the Array statement to conain
the starting place for each of the 52 weeks.

REMEMBER: this goes in worksheet code, not a standard module.
--
Gary's Student

"Wickliffe" wrote:

An employee inputs data for 52 different weeks of the year. Each week's data
is input in various different places within the same spreadsheet or workbook.
I need a way for the employee to type a week number in cell A1 and have the
cursor leap or automatically hyperlink to the area of the spreadsheet where
data entry is needed for that week number specified in cell A1?

EXAMPLE: If "3" is input in cell A1, then the employee needs the cursor to
automatically go to the area of the spreadsheet where week 3 data needs to be
input.

How is this done automatically if there is input in cell A1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Need further clarification...I am still learning Excel's potential....
Please be more specific Worksheet Code v Standard Module
Where is this macro entered?

Thanks for your quick response
Wickliffe

"Wickliffe" wrote:

An employee inputs data for 52 different weeks of the year. Each week's data
is input in various different places within the same spreadsheet or workbook.
I need a way for the employee to type a week number in cell A1 and have the
cursor leap or automatically hyperlink to the area of the spreadsheet where
data entry is needed for that week number specified in cell A1?

EXAMPLE: If "3" is input in cell A1, then the employee needs the cursor to
automatically go to the area of the spreadsheet where week 3 data needs to be
input.

How is this done automatically if there is input in cell A1?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right-click on your sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste the code into that sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP