Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic Series

I have successfully created a dozon or so dynamic charts though I ran
into a problem where one named series or the other will only pull in
only a certain portion of the range of cells. I have deleted named
series and then renamed it and that worked once. Now this doesn't work
for the series that has most recently been infected. Is there a
limitation on series names/dynamic charts that I may be missing?

Thank you in advance for any attention to this matter.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Post the names and refers-to formulas you're using.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have successfully created a dozon or so dynamic charts though I ran
into a problem where one named series or the other will only pull in
only a certain portion of the range of cells. I have deleted named
series and then renamed it and that worked once. Now this doesn't work
for the series that has most recently been infected. Is there a
limitation on series names/dynamic charts that I may be missing?

Thank you in advance for any attention to this matter.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the charts properly use these names in the series formulas (because
you say they sometimes work)...

If you have any numerical cells above S4, it will throw off your count, and
your named range will extend lower than you intend.
If you have any blank or nonnumeric cells before the last numeric cell in
column S, it will also throw off your count, and the range will not extend
as low as you intend.

23 names is not near any limit. 23 series is far less than the capacity of a
chart. If you have more than 32,000 points in a name, you will only get the
first 32,000 of them in the chart (or you may get an error stating this
limit when you try to apply it).

Other than that, I can't think of a problem.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

ups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
Post the names and refers-to formulas you're using.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have successfully created a dozon or so dynamic charts though I ran
into a problem where one named series or the other will only pull in
only a certain portion of the range of cells. I have deleted named
series and then renamed it and that worked once. Now this doesn't work
for the series that has most recently been infected. Is there a
limitation on series names/dynamic charts that I may be missing?

Thank you in advance for any attention to this matter.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I should have mentioned that there are a few #N/A's. But it pulls them
in and then it just stops somewhat randomly on row 6503. I guess I
have to do a work around in another column.

Thanks for your responses..
Jon Peltier wrote:
[...]

ups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
Post the names and refers-to formulas you're using.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have successfully created a dozon or so dynamic charts though I ran
into a problem where one named series or the other will only pull in
only a certain portion of the range of cells. I have deleted named
series and then renamed it and that worked once. Now this doesn't work
for the series that has most recently been infected. Is there a
limitation on series names/dynamic charts that I may be missing?

Thank you in advance for any attention to this matter.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ben -

Try this:

CRB_Index =OFFSET(Data!$S$4,0,0,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$S:$ S,1),1)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

ups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
[...]

ups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
Post the names and refers-to formulas you're using.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have successfully created a dozon or so dynamic charts though I ran
into a problem where one named series or the other will only pull in
only a certain portion of the range of cells. I have deleted named
series and then renamed it and that worked once. Now this doesn't
work
for the series that has most recently been infected. Is there a
limitation on series names/dynamic charts that I may be missing?

Thank you in advance for any attention to this matter.

Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$S:$S,1) tells you that last row in column
S with a numerical value, and you're starting the OFFSET at S4, so:

CRB_Index =OFFSET(Data!$S$4,0,0,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$S:$ S,1)-3,1)

- Jon
-------

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Ben -

Try this:

CRB_Index =OFFSET(Data!$S$4,0,0,MATCH(9.99999E+307,Data!$S:$ S,1),1)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

ups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
[...]

ups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
Post the names and refers-to formulas you're using.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions