Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I set up a custom toolbar in Excel 2007?

I am interested in migrating custom toolbars from Excel97 to Excel 2007 and
creating new toolbars in Excel 2007. The only thing I've come up with so far
is modifying the Quick Access toolbar. Is this the only toolbar I can modify?
I am open to the idea of creating custom toolbars via VBA.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This link to the 'Contextures' website might be helphul. There are
intstructions for creating custom toolbars.

http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
--
T Tipsy

"est_da" wrote:

I am interested in migrating custom toolbars from Excel97 to Excel 2007 and
creating new toolbars in Excel 2007. The only thing I've come up with so far
is modifying the Quick Access toolbar. Is this the only toolbar I can modify?
I am open to the idea of creating custom toolbars via VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to check Patrick Schmid's site:
http://pschmid.net/index.php

Directly:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/12/09/92

est_da wrote:

I am interested in migrating custom toolbars from Excel97 to Excel 2007 and
creating new toolbars in Excel 2007. The only thing I've come up with so far
is modifying the Quick Access toolbar. Is this the only toolbar I can modify?
I am open to the idea of creating custom toolbars via VBA.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can customise it, but it is not simple.

Ken Puls has done an instalment blog on it,
http://excelguru.ca/blog/2006/11/20/...art-1-of-many/,

and Patrick Schmid has created an add-in
http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize/index.php

--
---
HTH

Bob

"est_da" wrote in message
I am interested in migrating custom toolbars from Excel97 to Excel 2007 and
creating new toolbars in Excel 2007. The only thing I've come up with so
far
is modifying the Quick Access toolbar. Is this the only toolbar I can
modify?
I am open to the idea of creating custom toolbars via VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This gets me part way there. The toolbar is not floating but the options
became part of Custom Toolbars on the "AddIn" Ribbon.
Thanks for your help.

"est_da" wrote:

I am interested in migrating custom toolbars from Excel97 to Excel 2007 and
creating new toolbars in Excel 2007. The only thing I've come up with so far
is modifying the Quick Access toolbar. Is this the only toolbar I can modify?
I am open to the idea of creating custom toolbars via VBA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
va va is offline

At ToolbarToggle, we have created an add-in for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
that brings back the original Office 2003 menus and toolbars into Office 2007
for less than $20.

Besides floating and docking the menus and toolbars anwhere, you can turn
the Ribbon on or off, turn the commandbars and menus on or off as well
REPLACE the Ribbon entirely.

Please try the demo let us know if you feel this helps solve your problems.

You can download ToolbarToggle from:
http://www.toolbartoggle.com
!