Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Omni page import

I'm scanning a directory that has the information listed in a block format.
When it is scanned into Excel from OmniPage it is understandably placed in
the same format. Is there any way to change the way it is imported so that
the proper info is put into columns instead of rows? (see sample)

Imports like this: I would like it to
import like this:

Name1 Name1 Address
phone email
Address Name2 Address
phone email
phone
email

Name 2
Address
phone
email

ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe you are trying to transpose.

Copy your data, go to a blank section
Paste special and check Transpose.

This flips everything sideways.

"stripedfrog via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

I'm scanning a directory that has the information listed in a block format.
When it is scanned into Excel from OmniPage it is understandably placed in
the same format. Is there any way to change the way it is imported so that
the proper info is put into columns instead of rows? (see sample)

Imports like this: I would like it to
import like this:

Name1 Name1 Address
phone email
Address Name2 Address
phone email
phone
email

Name 2
Address
phone
email

ANY HELP WITH THIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.....THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I resolved my issue so I thought I would share just in case someone else has
the same issue. First, make sure when you scan from OmniPage that you tell
it that it is "Multiple columns, no table" (using single column may
concatenate some of the info).

After you save it into excel, you can highlight each block of info, right
click, copy. Then go to another column and right click, paste special, and
check "transpose". The info is then split into each column instead of each
row.

Another option (if each block has an equal number of rows) is to go to
another column and put a formula in that equals the value in each row. From
there, you can copy and paste the formula.

They may not be the best solution, but it's all I have right now. IF SOMEONE
HAS A BETTER SUGGESTION, PLEASE POST IT NO MATTER HOW OLD THIS POSTING GETS...
....MY PROJECT IS ONGOING.