Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date in Excel Header

Is there a way to modify the date in an Excel Header? I would like to use an
IF function to subtract one or three days depending upon the current date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(a1<a2,a1-1,a1-3)

Assuming a1 & a2 contain date values, you can simply subtract the number of
days from a date.
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"Wink20TCU" wrote:

Is there a way to modify the date in an Excel Header? I would like to use an
IF function to subtract one or three days depending upon the current date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You would have to use VBA code to place a cell value into the header.

Here is a basic one.

Sub CellInFooter()
'or Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean)
With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").Value
End With
End Sub

Your date would be taken from the cell in which you have the formula that
subtracts the 1 or 3 days.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP