Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Datavalidation using lists - problem in 2007 B2TR to RTM workbook

I have a simple workbook in Excel 2007 format with two worksheets. One
worksheet is for lookup values, and the other worksheet has data
validation cells setup using lists as the source and all the lists are
defined on the lookup worksheet.

When I opened the workbook (last saved in B2TR XSLX format) in 2007 RTM,
it stripped all my validation off. Checked and the named ranges were
still there, but when I go to setup validation on the cells that I had
it setup for previously, I'm getting an error, still using the value
=Category (where Category is a named range) for the source when
Allow=List.\

The error:
The formula you typed contains an error.

I checked the online help to make sure I was using the correct stuff...
followed the directions for setting up a validation list, but it still
throws errors. Ideas?

--
Andrew Connell, MVP MCMS
www.andrewconnell.com/blog

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've encountered a few problems in RTM with workbooks created in B2TR. These
are often solved only by recreating the workbook from scratch in RTM.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"AC [MVP MCMS]" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was afraid of that... got another huge workbook that will be
dramatically affected.. oh well. Thanks Jon!

--
Andrew Connell, MVP MCMS
www.andrewconnell.com/blog

: