Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change time into decimel unit

Hi !
How can I change the time, which if changed to a decimal number, but gives a
figure of 1,02 for an hour, but is there any function that can produce result
as just (1)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Shariq

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you want, but if you have a
time value in a cell, you could format it (custom format that is) as:

hh

which would only display the hours of the timevalue, so if the full
time was say 15:32:00 it would display

15

Alternatively, if you want the time value as an integer (ie for the
number of hours) perhaps you could use:

=INT(A1*24)

where A1 holds your time.

Hope this helps!

Richard

Shariq wrote:
Hi !
How can I change the time, which if changed to a decimal number, but gives a
figure of 1,02 for an hour, but is there any function that can produce result
as just (1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Richard!
I think I didn't put my querry right, actually I am using this formula to be
able to calculate time even if it is spent is less then 1 hrs,
=MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24)
but now the outcome I receive is not in digit 1,00 but 1,04 and this is what
creates problem, because I need to multiply those hours spent into Amount,
and then it mutiplies not with 1 but with 1,04, so have you any clue how to
help this problem.

Shariq wrote:
Hi !
How can I change the time, which if changed to a decimal number, but gives a
figure of 1,02 for an hour, but is there any function that can produce result
as just (1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shariq

You can wrap the whole thing with the INT function:

=INT(MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24))

which should sort out your issue :-)

Hope it helps!

Richard

Shariq wrote:
Hi !
How can I change the time, which if changed to a decimal number, but gives a
figure of 1,02 for an hour, but is there any function that can produce result
as just (1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI RICHARD!
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN, IT IS WORKING, BUT WITH THIS FORMULA IT DOSEN'T COUNT
ABOVE 1, NO MATTER WHAT THE TIME DIFFERENCE IS LESS OR MORE THEN AN HOUR IT
KEEPS ON SHOWING ONLY 1, SHOULD I PUT AN (IF) ARGUMENT IN IT MAY BE.

Shariq wrote:
Hi !
How can I change the time, which if changed to a decimal number, but gives a
figure of 1,02 for an hour, but is there any function that can produce result
as just (1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It should go above 1. What values do you have in E7 and in B7? What do you
get if you put the formula =E7-B7 into a cell and format it as time? What
do you get if you put =(E7-B7)*24 into a cell and format it as general or
number?
Note also that the INT will round down, so 1:45 (1.75 hours) will round down
to 1 (and, as Richard said, 15:32 will round to 15).
If you want to round to the nearest hour, use
=ROUND(MAX(1,(E7-B7+(E7<B7))*24),0)
--
David Biddulph