-   -   commas in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/123474-commas-cells.html)

DEE

commas in cells

How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

Teethless mama

commas in cells

Assuming your data start from A1
B1 =A1&","
copy down as far as needed

"Dee" wrote:

How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

DEE

commas in cells

Thanks but what do you mean by copy down?

"Dee" wrote:

How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

Don Guillett

commas in cells

what do you want
aaaaaaa aaaaaa,
or
aaaaaaa,aaaaaa,
or
aa,

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

DEE

commas in cells

aa,
and
aaaa aaaa,

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what do you want
aaaaaaa aaaaaa,
or
aaaaaaa,aaaaaa,
or
aa,

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

Don Guillett

commas in cells

I wonder why?

sub addcommaatend()
for each c in range("a2:a22")
c.value=c & ","
next c
end sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
aa,
and
aaaa aaaa,

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what do you want
aaaaaaa aaaaaa,
or
aaaaaaa,aaaaaa,
or
aa,

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

DEE

commas in cells

Thank you for your attempt to help. I think I am way over my head. I have
entered several large data bases into excel with the hopes of importing it
into another program. One of my lists is just email addresses:

www.wmorris.com

ANother list is addresses:
Lusardi Construction Co. 1570 Linda Vista Dr. San Marcos CA 92078
Roel Construction Co. Inc. 3366 Kurtz St. San Diego CA 92110
DPR Construction, Inc. 6333 Greenwich Dr. #170 San Diego CA 92122
I want to put a comma at the end of the info in each cell so I can export it
into another database.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I wonder why?

sub addcommaatend()
for each c in range("a2:a22")
c.value=c & ","
next c
end sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
aa,
and
aaaa aaaa,

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what do you want
aaaaaaa aaaaaa,
or
aaaaaaa,aaaaaa,
or
aa,

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

Fred Smith

commas in cells

Copy down means:

1. Enter the formula given, in this example, in B1.
2. Highlight cell B1.
3. You will see a box with a small square in the bottom right hand corner.
4. Grab that square with your mouse, and drag it down to the end of the column.
5. Excel will adjust your formulas as needed.

Fred

"Dee" wrote:

How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

DrSlowpoke

commas in cells

Would it be easier to save it as a comma deliminated file or comma separated
file (.CSV) using the save as file type?

Michael

"Dee" wrote:

Thank you for your attempt to help. I think I am way over my head. I have
entered several large data bases into excel with the hopes of importing it
into another program. One of my lists is just email addresses:

www.wmorris.com

ANother list is addresses:
Lusardi Construction Co. 1570 Linda Vista Dr. San Marcos CA 92078
Roel Construction Co. Inc. 3366 Kurtz St. San Diego CA 92110
DPR Construction, Inc. 6333 Greenwich Dr. #170 San Diego CA 92122
I want to put a comma at the end of the info in each cell so I can export it
into another database.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I wonder why?

sub addcommaatend()
for each c in range("a2:a22")
c.value=c & ","
next c
end sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
aa,
and
aaaa aaaa,

"Don Guillett" wrote:

what do you want
aaaaaaa aaaaaa,
or
aaaaaaa,aaaaaa,
or
aa,

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Dee" wrote in message
How do I put a comma at the end of text in all the cells in a column?

Roger Govier

commas in cells

Hi

Take a look at Earl Kiosterud's Text write program. That will write the
data out in the way you want
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dee" wrote in message
Thank you for your attempt to help. I think I am way over my head. I
have
entered several large data bases into excel with the hopes of
importing it
into another program. One of my lists is just email addresses:

www.wmorris.com

ANother list is addresses:
Lusardi Construction Co. 1570 Linda Vista Dr. San Marcos CA 92078
Roel Construction Co. Inc. 3366 Kurtz St. San Diego CA 92110
DPR Construction, Inc. 6333 Greenwich Dr. #170 San Diego CA 92122
I want to put a comma at the end of the info in each cell so I can
export it
into another database.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

I wonder why?