Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding to a group of text.

I have about 5000 words in columns, I want to add a IMG extension on
these columns, cant his be achieved? for example:

1 WORD
2 PLAY
3 GAME

I would lke to add .JPG on the end of each of those words, all the way
down for 5,000 products, can this be done, and if so, how?

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In an adjacent column, enter the formula
=A1&".jpg"
where A1 contains WORD, etc. You can then copy the formulas and paste
them back over themselves as text, if you need/want to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1&".JPG"
--
David Biddulph

"ChrisB" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have about 5000 words in columns, I want to add a IMG extension on
these columns, cant his be achieved? for example:

1 WORD
2 PLAY
3 GAME

I would lke to add .JPG on the end of each of those words, all the way
down for 5,000 products, can this be done, and if so, how?

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Here's a macro solution...........

Sub ConcatenateMeJPG()
Dim lastrow As Long, r As Long
Dim num1 As String
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For r = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(r, "A") < "" Then
Cells(r, "A").Select
num1 = Selection.Value
End If
With ActiveCell
.Value = num1 & ".jpg"
End With
Next r
End Sub

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ChrisB" wrote:

I have about 5000 words in columns, I want to add a IMG extension on
these columns, cant his be achieved? for example:

1 WORD
2 PLAY
3 GAME

I would lke to add .JPG on the end of each of those words, all the way
down for 5,000 products, can this be done, and if so, how?

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

all my data in those columns are different...if I were to ad
WORD&".JPG" , IT would only change "WORD" to "WORD.JPG" in that cell. I
need to be able to change all data in this column to GIF.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

P.S..........
I don't know why you are wanting to do this, but as a point of interest, Jim
Cone's fine Add-in called ListFiles will go to a directory and retrieve all
the .jpg therein and put them in Excel and also create a link to
each..........it's VERY handy for me, maybe would be for you.........it's
available at

http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ChrisB" wrote:

I have about 5000 words in columns, I want to add a IMG extension on
these columns, cant his be achieved? for example:

1 WORD
2 PLAY
3 GAME

I would lke to add .JPG on the end of each of those words, all the way
down for 5,000 products, can this be done, and if so, how?

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

This one will do all the words in column A as .jpg and all the words in
column B as .gif

Sub ConcatenateMeExtention()
Dim lastrow As Long, r As Long
Dim num1 As String
Dim num2 As String
lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For r = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(r, "A") < "" Then
Cells(r, "A").Select
num1 = Selection.Value
End If
With ActiveCell
.Value = num1 & ".jpg"
End With
Next r

lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
For r = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Cells(r, "B") < "" Then
Cells(r, "B").Select
num1 = Selection.Value
End If
With ActiveCell
.Value = num1 & ".gif"
End With
Next r
End Sub

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ChrisB" wrote:

all my data in those columns are different...if I were to ad
WORD&".JPG" , IT would only change "WORD" to "WORD.JPG" in that cell. I
need to be able to change all data in this column to GIF.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Happy to help.........thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"ChrisB" wrote:

macro worked great!! thanks

"ChrisB" wrote:

I have about 5000 words in columns, I want to add a IMG extension on
these columns, cant his be achieved? for example:

1 WORD
2 PLAY
3 GAME

I would lke to add .JPG on the end of each of those words, all the way
down for 5,000 products, can this be done, and if so, how?

thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So copy it down the column. If you want GIF instead of JPG, change the
formula accordingly.
--
David Biddulph

ups.com...