Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default counting blank cells in a pivot table

I created a pivot table to keep count of inquiries and orders received. I
also want to a count of how many inquiries are quoted a day. I also want a
count of how many are left unquoted. To do that it would have to count the
blank fields under the inq. quoted column. I can only get it to count the
cells that have data in them but not the blank cells....how do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The pivot table can't count blank cells, so if you put a field (e.g.
Inquiries) in the row area, and Count of Inquiries in the data area, the
(blank) item will show nothing in the data area.

However, if you add a different field to the data area, you may see the
correct count. For example, if the Date field always has a value, add
that to the data area, and summarize by Count. The pivot table will then
show the count of records with a blank Inquiries field.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures