Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding 1,000s

I have a budget where I rounded to the 1000's by taking the number and
dividing it by 1000.

So for example:
2,000,000 is now 2,000 (=2000000/1000)

The problem is ... Excel is not rounding correctly, please see below. How
do I fix this?

Example :
#/1000
253,462 253
127,033 127
34,500 34 (why did Excel round this down?)
28,633 29
443,627 444 on a calculator 443

Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What formula did you use?

Try this:

=ROUND(A1,-3)/1000

--

HTH,

RD

"khen1" wrote in message
I have a budget where I rounded to the 1000's by taking the number and
dividing it by 1000.

So for example:
2,000,000 is now 2,000 (=2000000/1000)

The problem is ... Excel is not rounding correctly, please see below. How
do I fix this?

Example :
#/1000
253,462 253
127,033 127
34,500 34 (why did Excel round this down?)
28,633 29
443,627 444 on a calculator 443

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Likely the value that you display as 34,500 is the result of a calculation
that is slightly less than 34,500 and therefore should round down. What do
you get from the formula =(cellref-34500)

Jerry