Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum Multiple Ranges in the Same Column

Thanks to whoever helped me out with my last two questions. Everything is
working great.
I forsee a problem, and would like to fix it before it happens.
I have an inventory form that is broken up into categories.
The second to last column is the total inventory (ie. count number times
price).
The last column only has data in it at the end of each category, which is
the total of each category.
I tend to add and delete rows during the course of the period as new
products come in and old products are no longer.
Is it possible to create a dynamic range that will cover just the category
and not the entire sheet.
ie.: I want to be able to sum L13:L77, but the range to expand/ contract as
new info is added.
Is this possible?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

XL will automatically compensate for the insertion and/or deletion of rows.

To allow for easier handling of these revisions, a simple approach is to
leave blank rows between your categories, and use those blank rows as the
references in your Sum() formula.

XL will automatically configure the Sum() formula as you delete/insert rows
between those blanks.

For presentation purposes, you could either hide or make those blank rows
very small.
--

HTH,

RD